Smart RG 505n Bridge Mode
1) If you have previously altered any of the settings on your Smart RG modem it is highly recommended that you return it to factory default condition. This can be achieved by performing the following steps:
Open a web browser on your computer and go to the address 192.168.1.1
Click on Advanced Configuration, you will then be prompted to enter a username and password. By default these are both admin
Click on Management -> Settings -> Restore Default
Click on "Restore Default Settings"
2) Open a web browser on your computer (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and go to the address http://192.168.1.1, you should now see the following page:
3) Click on the "Advanced Configuration" link located in the top right corner of the screen.
4) You will now be prompted to enter a username and password, by default these are as follows:
User Name: admin
5) Next we will need to remove the PPPoE VDSL WAN service. This service instructs the modem to perform it's routing functions and as such it must be removed in order to successfully bridge our device. This service can be removed by performing the following steps:
Click Advanced Setup.
Click WAN service, you should now see the following:
Check the "Remove" check box.
Click the "Remove" button.
6) Now we will need to add a new Bridged WAN service to fill the void we created by removing the PPPoE service. This can be achieved by performing the following steps:
Click the Add button (located next to the Remove button which was clicked in step 5)
The WAN Service Interface Configuration page should pop up:
Ensure that the drop down box on this page is set to the available ptm interface. It should default to this setting. T
The WAN service Configuration page should now be displayed on your screen:
Select Bridging for the WAN service type, leave everything else at it's default setting and click next.
The WAN Setup - Summary page should now display, verify that the settings are correct and click "Apply/Save"
7) Your Smart RG 505n modem is now bridged! If you have not already done so please setup your third party router to perform the required PPPoE connection. If you need assistence with this step, please consult the support offered by your router manufacturer.